Return to Mystara
Here are the rules for character creation.
- 20-point buy
- Start at 1st level
- The majority of Paizo-published rulebooks are allowed with the following caveat: anything outside of the Core Rulebook must be approved by the DM prior to use. Note: I generally approve requests.
- All characters will have a backstory of some sort. The player and DM will work together during this process so that the backstory is relevant and accurate. Expect to have your backstory become part of the front-story. I will never (okay, okay, I should say “infrequently” instead) use the backstory against you.
- Traits. All PCs will have 1 trait . You may choose a second trait if it is a key part of your backstory.
- Drawbacks . If you choose to have a drawback, and include it in your backstory, you gain an additional Trait as well. Since this is a part of your backstory, you should have a total of 3 Traits and 1 Drawback.
- Skills. You get 2 free skill ranks, as long as they represent what your character did before they became an adventurer. Typically this limits your choice of skills to take to Craft, Profession, and perhaps Perform. You may put both ranks in the same skill.